BMW-Green Energy Station
BMW-Green Energy Station
BMW-Green Energy Station
BMW-Green Energy Station
Media Information | 2018.12.10

BMW INDONESIA SUPPORTS ELECTRIC VEHICLE ECOSYSTEM DEVELOPMENT WITH THE PERTAMINA GREEN ENERGY STATION.

BMW Indonesia provides BMW i Wallbox Plus at the Pertamina Green Energy Station (GES) 22kW for fast charging.

Read more

Jakarta. In the wake of the inauguration of Pertamina’s collaboration with BMW in the development of an electric vehicle ecosystem at the Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show (GIIAS) in August 2018, today, Monday, December 10, 2018, Pertamina launchs a pilot project in the form of a Green Energy Station (GES) at SPBU Pertamina Kuningan featuring charging stations for electric vehicles. One of the charging stations provided stems from the collaboration with BMW Group Indonesia with BMW i Wallbox Plus, installed with a 22kW 3 phase configuration which can be activated with RFID technology. This initiative by Pertamina has been influenced by the global shift in the automotive world from the Internal Combustion Engine to Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEV) and Electric Vehicles (EV). BMW Group Indonesia was the first company in Indonesia to sell PHEV vehicles, starting in 2016 through the launch of the BMW i8 at GIIAS 2016.

"BMW Group Indonesia is a pioneering brand that has brought electric vehicles to the global stage, and is the first automotive manufacturer to sell Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEV) in Indonesia. To encourage the readiness of electric vehicles, BMW Group Indonesia is providing support to Pertamina in the form of in-depth information about electric vehicle technology, the BMW Group’s experience in implementing grid charging in other countries, its experience of testing the benefits and operational costs of electric vehicles, as well as by providing a BMW i Wallbox Plus at the Pertamina Green Energy Station," said Ramesh Divyanathan, President Director of BMW Group Indonesia. "Globally, BMW has developed an electric vehicle energy charging network in more than 30 countries featuring 120,000 stations for electric charging worldwide. In Indonesia alone, in addition to bringing out iconic sports vehicles and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEV) such as the BMW i8 Coupe and BMW i8 Roadster, BMW currently has two dealers which support aftersales and services for electric vehicles - BMW Astra Serpong and BMW Tunas Tebet," added Ramesh.

BMW i Wallbox Plus and BMW i Dealers.

BMW i Wallbox Plus is a standard charging tool provided for future BMW i and iPerformance owners. All customers who purchase the BMW i8 Coupe and the BMW i8 Roadster will get a BMW i Wallbox Plus. Furthermore, the cost of its installation process at home, including supervision, will be borne by BMW Group Indonesia. The installation of this charging station can in fact be adjusted to the electrical capacity of the home in question, as well as to the needs of the vehicle, through a 1 phase 7.4kW configuration of up to 3 phase 22kW.

The latest generation of the BMW i Wallbox Plus has dimensions that are 40% more compact with a refilling time that is 70% faster than its predecessor. It also comes with additional security features with the use of RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology for activation.

BMW i, Future of Electric Mobility.

BMW i is a BMW sub-brand focused on producing electric vehicles in line with sustainable principles throughout the value chain, while also fostering a new understanding of the term 'premium' as precisely defined according to sustainability. Globally, BMW offers the BMW i3 and BMW i8 to its customers. The first BMW i model introduced in Indonesia was the BMW i8 - the Most Progressive Sports Car. This was followed by the First-ever BMW i8 Roadster which was introduced at the opening of GIIAS 2018. The First-ever BMW i8 Roadster combines all the advantages of the BMW i8 with the sensation of open top driving pleasure. The BMW i8 Roadster imparts the unprecedented feeling of freedom you get from driving a roadster without any noise and emissions.

This state-of-the-art sports car incorporates a plug-in hybrid system with a passenger cabin made of carbon-fiber-reinforced plastic (CFRP) and an aluminum frame for the engine and electric motor, battery and suspension. The result is a lightweight, captivating and highly-efficient sports car that offers a refined blend of unmatched performance and efficiency.

The production of the BMW i vehicle line-up has set high standards in the use of innovative materials, resource conservation, and the industrialization of electric mobility. What's more, the production concept used is also revolutionary. The BMW i vehicle architecture, featuring the LifeDrive module and carbon fiber passenger cabin from the Life module, enables an innovative production process without going through the typical production stages carried out in print and paint workshops. In fact, the BMW i manufacturing process is also unique in that it employs a sophisticated unifying technique instead of the usual production methods. This method facilitates the work of employees, while the new architecture involves ergonomic processes and quieter assembly, with a production space filled with natural lighting.

BMW iPerformance is the umbrella brand for all BMW hybrid plug-in vehicles. As of now, globally BMW offers 5 types of BMW iPerformance vehicles to consumers, namely the BMW 740Le iPerformance, BMW 530e iPerformance, BMW 330e iPerformance, BMW 225xe iPerformance, and BMW X5 xDrive40e iPerformance. Moreover, the BMW Group is commited to launching at least 25 electric vehicles in 2025.

Global sales figures indicate that the BMW Group is leading the market for four wheeled vehicles with an electric drive system. In fact, as of the end of 2017, more than 100,000 electric and plug-in-hybrid vehicle units had been delivered to customers worldwide. This year BMW is targeting 140,000 units worldwide.

###

Attachments :

-  BMW Indonesia’s activity milestones with regard to electric vehicles.

-  Technical specifications of the BMW i8 Roadster.

-  Technical specifications of the BMW i Wallbox Plus.

The BMW Group.

With its four brands BMW, MINI, Rolls-Royce and BMW Motorrad, the BMW Group is the world’s leading premium manufacturer of automobiles and motorcycles and also provides premium financial and mobility services. The BMW Group production network comprises 31 production and assembly facilities in 14 countries; the company has a global sales network in more than 140 countries.

In 2017, the BMW Group sold over 2,463,500 passenger vehicles and more than 164,000 motorcycles worldwide. The profit before tax in the financial year 2016 was approximately € 9.67 billion on revenues amounting to € 94.16 billion. As of 31 December 2016, the BMW Group had a workforce of 124,729 employees.

The success of the BMW Group has always been based on long-term thinking and responsible action. The company has therefore established ecological and social sustainability throughout the value chain, comprehensive product responsibility and a clear commitment to conserving resources as an integral part of its strategy.

www.bmwgroup.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BMWGroup

Twitter: http://twitter.com/BMWGroup

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/BMWGroupview

Google+: http://googleplus.bmwgroup.com

BMW Group Indonesia.

BMW Group Indonesia is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Munich-based Bayerische Motoren Werke (BMW) AG in Germany. The establishment of this subsidiary in April 2001 reflects the BMW Group’s confidence in the long-term future of Indonesia. BMW Indonesia Group activities cover the wholesale of BMW and MINI vehicles, spare parts and accessories, as well as the overall planning of sales, marketing, after-sales, and related activities in Indonesia. Its dealership network covers 18 new-car dealers and 6 BMW Premium Selection facilities spread out in various cities in Indonesia. Selected models of the BMW 3 Series, BMW 5 Series, BMW 7 Series, BMW X1, BMW X3, and BMW X5 are assembled in Indonesia by a local partner.

www.bmw.co.id

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BMW.Indonesia

Twitter: http://twitter.com/BMW_Indonesia

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/BMWIndonesia

For further information, please contact:

Corporate Communications Department

Jodie O'tania

Tel: +62 -21 - 2992 3000 ext 21732

Mobile: +62-8111534962

Email : jodie.otania@bmw.co.id

Ismail Ashlan

Tel: +62 -21- 2992 3000 ext 21724